TREK CAÑON DEL COLCA - ROUTE SAN JUAN DE CHUCCODesde: $ 0.003D/2NBook Package
Morning shift: 03:00 - 03:30 hours
Duration: 03 days / 02 nights
Service: Regular (minimum 04 pax)
Language: Spanish or English
Includes: Transportation, guide and food inside the Colca.
Does not include: Colca tourist ticket
The Colca Canyon is one of the deepest in the world, and a popular destination for hiking. It is located in southern Peru, next to the Colca River, famous among rafting enthusiasts. In this valley inhabits the huge Andean condor, which can be seen from several viewpoints, such as Cruz del Cóndor. It is an area with green landscapes and several remote traditional villages where terraces are cultivated, typical of the Cabana and Collahua cultures.
First day: Arequipa - Cruz del Condor - San Miguel - San Juan de Chuccho
- Pick up from the respective hotel in the direction of the Town of Chivay. The duration of the trip is approx. 3 ½ hours (161 km.).
- After breakfast we will travel for 2 more hours (42 km.), To the Cruz del Cóndor, where we will have approx. 45 min. To appreciate the flight of the condors and the depth of the canyon in that area, then we will continue to the Pampa San Miguel.
- At 10:30 approx. descend the canyon walking for 3 ½ hours to reach the Colca River, where we can rest and continue the walk crossing the first hanging bridge in the area and arrive at the first town San Juan de Chuccho, where we will have lunch, we will have the afternoon free and we will have dinner. We will rest in the houses of the local inhabitants. Overnight
Second Day: San Juan de Chuccho - Oasis
- After breakfast we will restart the trek for 3 hours, visiting different towns such as Cosñirhua and Malata, where we will share with local people their customs, experiences and stories; In addition, the guide's explanation of the flora (medicinal plants) and fauna.
- At 12:00 noon we arrive at the Oasis, a peaceful and charming place, where we will enjoy its swimming pools, palm trees and an impressive nature, here we will have the afternoon free to relax and enjoy the scenery. Dinner and overnight in the homes of local residents.
Third day: Oasis - Cabanaconde - Chivay - Arequipa
- We start the walk very early, this time of ascent for 3 hours approx. We arrive at the town of Cabanaconde, where a comforting breakfast awaits us. In this town, our mobility will take us back to the town of Chivay. On the way we will make tourist stops in different viewpoints to appreciate pre-Inca andenería, litomaquetas, hanging tombs and the traditional town of Maca, where we can visit the colonial church and taste a rich Colca Sour made of a cactus fruit "Sancallo", which It has become the flag drink of the area.
- Arrival to the town of Chivay and visit the thermo-medicinal baths of Calera, then we will have lunch and return to the city of Arequipa, making two last tourist stops, the first in Patapampa "Mirador de los Volcanes" (4910m.snm), and the last stop in the National Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, where we can see alpacas, llamas in their natural habitat and bofedales. With luck we can also see vicuñas, which have one of the finest and most expensive fibers in the world.
-We suggest bringing water for the walk the first day, after that you can buy water in the villages we visited. Drinks in the homes of the residents are not included.
* Non-refundable payment.
* Price expressed in American Dollars.
* Valid December 31, 2019.
* Applies for the whole year.